Wednesday 11 February 2015

LOTS TO LOVE // LOVESTAR


If there is one thing I know all about, its the difficult decision of what to study at university. Throughout high school I was drawn to the creative & free-thinking subjects such as graphics, photography, french, design & english. I have always loved beautiful imagery & bringing my ideas to life. However I had it in my mind that I wanted to study law. Looking back, it almost seems as if I was trying to prove something with this stubbornness to be a lawyer.

 I was very lucky to be given the opportunity to study both law & design, but only on the condition that I decide which path I wanted to continue on by the end of that initial year. It may come as no surprise to you that the creative side of me was unable to be suppressed, to make room for law. When put in a creative environment with a bunch of other people who were as passionate & inspired as I was, law really had no chance.


So when I came across the story of Lovestar owner Helen Bayley, I could immediately relate to her. It's never easy make such a drastic change to your life, but this decision is certainly a success & one we can now all enjoy! These beautifully happy vases are handmade by Helen & her husband out of perspex & are designed to be hung on the wall or sit on its side on a flat surface.

(Images via The Design Files)

I have had my eye on the fluro pink one for a wee while, but this one has also caught my attention. The sparkly one is also pretty darn awesome too, don't you agree?

-AXX