Tuesday 17 February 2015

A LOVELY LARK // KITCHEN



When it comes to kitchen design, I am a firm fan of the all white kitchen. There is just something just so timelessly chic about a white kitchen that I adore. But when I came across this mint kitchen with wooden countertops I was immediately smitten, which could not have surprised me more!


Flowers are so pretty, these ones have especially great colourings. The best pick me up of them all. 


Trays are the best. They allow decorativeness to occur, but keeps it all within one portion of the bench. Should the space be needed, the whole tray can be picked up & moved elsewhere. How handy is that!?


What initially drew me in, was that rug. SWOON. Cliche, I know but the word could not be more appropriate for the beauty of that rug. The pattern & combination of colours could not be more perfect, I swear. The mint brings out the saturation of these colours even more & I love that the orange & pink have been brought out & used for the surrounding accessories. 


A pulldown sink mixer is the handiest mixer of them all. Makes washing up a breeze- I work in tapware, trust me, this is the mixer du jour. The brushed bronze finish wouldn't be my first pick, but would be so much easier to keep clean than chrome. I also like the contrast of the darker mixer against all the surrounding lightness. 

(Images via Apartment Therapy)

I love it when designs can surprise me, using elements I wouldn't normally consider. It just goes to show that you shouldn't ever entirely rule out a certain material or style!

Here's to having your eyes opened to new & wonderful things!

-AXX