Wednesday 18 February 2015

CRANBERRY PORRIDGE // YUM


I am the biggest breakfast lover. I love breakfast foods & am more than happy to have breakfast for lunch & breakfast for dinner, breakfast for any other meal of the day is a-okay with me! 

Porridge is certainly one of my favourites, as it is delicious & fills you up. Lately, I have been playing around with adding different fruits & nuts to my porridge, but I had never thought to actually change the porridge recipe. When I saw this recipe for Whipped Cranberry Porridge, I knew it was time to up the porridge game once again. 

Recipe: Whipped Cranberry Porridge
Serves 4
What you'll need:
3 ¼ cups water
2 cups frozen (or fresh) cranberries
pinch of fine sea salt½ to ¾ cup granulated sugar, depending on your taste
⅔ cup farina (cream of wheat) milk of your choice, 
for serving optional toppings of your choice

In a medium pot, combine the water and cranberries. Bring to a boil, and boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the salt and sugar. Gradually whisk in the farina. Depending on how long your farina needs to be cooked, let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes stirring constantly. Taste and add more sugar if desired. 

Remove the pot from the heat and let the porridge cool to room temperature.When the porridge has cooled to room temperature, whisk until light and fluffy. The color will turn from magenta to light pink.

Serve either at room temperature or cold, with milk and toppings of your choice.The porridge can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days. For the perfect texture, whisk it again before serving.





(Images & recipe via A Cup of Jo)

Whilst I am dying to try the deliciousness of this brekkie, I also have to admire just how pretty it is! What better way to start the day!?

-AXX