Monday 24 March 2014

SURF'S UP // THE WEEKENDER


This weekend was spent out at the beach house & despite the predicted bad weather with wind & rain we were fortunate to get beautiful sunshine & a whole lotta warmth.

I had expected the water to be cold considering the time of year, but my first surfing experience wasn't hindered by the coolness of the water- more the wave size! It got scary for awhile there as I got a bit tumbled around by the incessant waves- gasping for breath as they crashed before me & I was forced to duck below the water once again. 

It was a very unpredictable day for a learner surfer (see how the waves look relatively small in these photos?) & I did manage to catch a few waves- just need to work on my pop up!

I hope that the sun shone for you also! Here's to the new week :)

-AXX