Thursday 20 March 2014

DANCIN' WITH ZEBRAS // ARTIST


I have a confession to make. Whilst it has been bubbling beneath the surface for some time now, I am going to finally let those bubbles free. Phew. Well. Here goes nothin'...

I am OBSESSED with Instagram. 

Is that it, I hear you say? Well let me explain just how unhealthy this obsession is. I start my morning by checking my Instagram account. And then proceed to check it every 15 mins to half hour OF THE DAY. Obviously this depends on my workload, but I always seem to convince myself that a sneaky 15 second peek at Insta will dramatically improve the next 15 mins to half an hour. And so it goes.

Now while you may be sitting there thinking I am completely nuts, hear me out. Instagram is inspiring. It is compelling. Is is thought provoking & provides me with copious amounts of eye candy (which I am clearly addicted to- is there therapy for this kind of thing!?) Each day I stumble across another creative whose work really speaks to me, inspires & even motivates with my own creative work.

Jessie Breakwell was one of my finds today & I really could not help but share some of the amazingness that is her work. Her latest 'Jungle Series' is by far my favourite. 




(All images via Jessie Breakwell Instagram)

I mean, who doesn't love a zebra or elephant playing around with watermelons, in a kaleidoscope of the brightest & happiest colours you can imagine?

 There is a childish joy, a light heartedness to these works that I simply can't resist. I guess we are starting to see a bit of a pattern here with the artists I love. Colour, exotic animals & fruits, bold brush strokes, & a whole lot more colour & I am hooked. Line, sinker & all.

I hope you have had a happy Thursday & if not hopefully this images have brought a wee spark or smile to your day. Be sure to check out my Insta on the way out!

-AXX