Tuesday 10 March 2015

WHIMSY // INTERIORS


I think what really attracted me to the images of this lounge room was the successful use of pattern. When I think about mixing patterns I tend to feel overwhelmed & am constantly nervous about pushing the mix-and-match effect too far. But the way the way the way this lounge has been designed, creates texture with the different sizes of each of the patterns. 


That cherry blossom arrangement could not be more at home anywhere else- it adds a whimsy, exotic vibe to the space.


I love a collection of cut glass vases & jars, which you can see just a hint of in the top corner of this image.


Not the biggest fan of these dining room chairs, I think that the linen is perhaps too bland & take up too much space visually. Some beautiful curved wooden chairs would work with the space as a whole so much better. 


Ahhhh. That wallpaper is truly to die for. I love brush stroke designs so much & to see it in such a large scale is so good for my eyes.


Sheer curtains are a massive fave for me. They are just so romantic. 

(Images via Arent & Pyke)

And who doesn't like a vignette that looks this good? Use of colour ion this space is just so beautiful. It is polished & professional with that touch of whimsy & romance. 

Hope your Tuesday treats you well!

-AXX