Thursday 22 January 2015

ECLECTIC // INTERIORS


One thing that I just cannot resist when it comes to interiors: ECLECTICISM. Which really isn't one thing at all; its a bunch of different things creating an altogether unique look. Sure, there are plenty of eclectic homes out there, but the best thing about them is that they are all SO different with a mashup of completely different interior styles, depending on the inhabitants. Or the designer. 

This home is a well-thought fusion of some of my favourite styles:
 Bohemian, chic & fashion oriented. Can I get a heeeell yeah!?


First up: A range of colourful patterned cushions? Check.

Wooden coffee table? Check.

A range of differnt style chairs? Double check.

Greenery? Check.

And this is just the lounge room.


Juju hat. Dont these babies look gorgeous in the same colour as the wall? We have TEXTURE ladies & gentleman.


Ahh, that artwork. SO GOOD. So exotic.


Hydrangeas are always a good sign, wouldn't you agree?


Architectural freestanding lamp is of course, an absolute must. Though perhaps I would have preferred a bigger shade. Semantics though.


This pendant is the bomb, I am telling you. Structural yet natural & beautifully detailed. Is that even a thing? It sure is now!


Marble matched with this beautifully coloured kilim? I think I am in heaven folks.


This house has a booth!? I mean come on, this is getting a bit crazy how in tune this place is with my mind. Every home must have a booth to enjoy long breakfasts over. It is an absolute necessity.


Oh, and a snuggly wall nook is important too.

(Images via Domaine Home)

I think it's fair to say that I could ABSOLUTELY see myself living here. When can I move in!?

-AXX