Monday 20 January 2014

SUMMER HOLIDAYS // BEACH DAZE


Well hello there & welcome to the New Year! Although this post is a rather belated one at that, the sentiment is very much the same.

It certainly has been a happy start to the new year for me- For the past month (& a wee bit longer!) I was lucky enough to fully move out to the family beach house, which is such a blessing. The whole pace of life changes when you are at the beach & even after the two weeks off over Christmas & New Years I have been commuting to & from work. 

As soon as I drive through the entrance of the small beach community of Ngunuguru up here in Northland, I feel a huge sense of calm & easiness wash over me. The salty air, smell of BBQs booting up & the hum of motorboats passing by is something I could definitely get used to. Everyone moves at their own time at the beach, there are no pressures as you are free to pick & choose how you spend your day. An early morning paddle board or swim is followed by a long breakfast & topped off with a few lazy hours spent reading in the sun. The prolonged days turn into awe-inspiring orange sunsets & the warmth of the summer night settles in. Ahhhh.

Back to the real world now huh?

-AXX